You have no items in your shopping cart.
Why Our Hammocks?
It's easy to say we have the best hammocks in the United States, and we think we do! However that's up to you to decide, but here is why we think so...
1. Skillfully Hand-woven. All our hammocks are 100% Hand-made by indigenous Mayan Indians of Mexico, who have been making and using hammocks for over 3000 years.
2. Uniqueness. Each hammock is individually made by a weaver who is an artist in their own right. They are free to choose their own patterns and colors meaning you are getting the benefit of a beautifully unique product made with professional experience and care.
3. Quality and Environment. All our hammocks are of the utmost quality and will provide you with many years of enjoyment and relaxation with the proper use and care. Each hammock is individually made and quality checked prior to being taking into stock and sent on to you. As each hammock can take between 15-30 days to complete this ensures they are carefully made with individual care. No 'rush jobs' here, they are not 'spat' out of a factory. This handmade process is also much more environmentaly friendly than machine made hammocks.
4. Comfort and Support. All hammocks are made using a special inter-woven, diamond weave pattern that provides superior comfort and support, along with greater strength and beauty. This pattern also allows air to circulate through and around your body preventing those annoying sweaty patches that can occur from other pieces of outdoor furniture. You will not be disappointed with the comfort these hammocks provide. Unlike the cheaper varieties, that are often used once and discarded, you'll always be looking for an excuse to get in some quality hammock time!
5. Beautiful fine cord. Woven with thousands of metres of thick or fine soft cotton and/or nylon cord that conforms to your body shape. Each hammock provides a perfect blend of comfort, beauty and strength. 4950 Metres of cord is used for the double hammock, 5700 metres for the Queen Hammock and over 6000 metres for the King hammock. These huge quantities of cord are what help make these hammocks so superior in comfort, support and strength.
6. Portability. Our hammocks are both strong and lightweight, with the King hammock holding up to 550lbs. Yet they are conveniently lightweight weighing between 2.2lbs for the double hammock and up to 3.3lbs for the King hammock, making them easy to hang, great for traveling, and compact for storage.
7. Versatility. Able to be used nearly anywhere, gardens, terraces, the holiday home/cabin, camping trips, boats, and for a variety of uses. Sleeping, resting, reading a book, or rocking the baby to sleep. Suitable for both indoors or outdoors. Easy to hang and take down, whether using existing features such as trees, decks, fences or posts, or by screwing or bolting onto internal or external walls, ceilings, or beams.
8. Hammock Experts. We have a great range of information on Mexican hammocks and all our products that is continually updated and added to. Further resources can be found including more information on using, repairing, storing, folding and more plus videos and additional photos on the following sites.
9. Range. Outdoor hammock, chair hammock, nylon or cotton hammock, we have them all! We have a great range of various sizes and styles from double hammocks up to king size and resort style hammocks. We also have authentic cotton Mexican Blankets available, great for any indoor or outdoor setting. Check out our range for yourself.
10. Health Benefits. (Please note, article is from Ezinearticles.com, we are not claiming our hammocks have any 'magical healing powers', but you 'may' also notice these added benefits from owning and using a hammock)
"You might be wondering what are the health benefits of a hammock or a swing chair? What could I possibly benefit from a hammock? The answers to both questions are provided in this article. According to Hangouts.com, therapists and patients are using hammocks and hanging chairs due to the health benefits involved. This article explains the different health benefits one can gain from owning a hammock or a swing chair.
Ease Back & Neck Pain
Hammocks and Swing Chairs can reduce a person’s physical stress and the benefits are cumulative. Hammocks and Swing Chairs are just what you might need to relieve pain in your lower back or neck pain you’ve been having for such a long time. Lying in a hammock perpendicularly can help relieve some of the pressure off your muscles. The hammock adjusts and molds to the weight and shape of the body perfectly, providing support to the body and removing pressure points. This allows the muscles of the body to relax and allows the blood to flow to all body parts, thus allowing the body to relax and heal. According to Hangouts.com, “without pressure points the vertebrae of the body can begin to align themselves.” It helps reduce all the pain in your back.
The beauty of the hammock is that once you hang it up, you can stretch out in it and the reliable hammock will mold to your body as if it was built just for you. It is all the support your body will need in order to relieve pressure off your back. The hammock will help calm and relax your body. You will wake up energized, very refreshed and ready to go about with your day. According to Hangouts.com, pregnant women also have found success in relieving their prenatal pains by using hammocks for rest, relaxation and sleep. The results are remarkable! If you are looking for a physical state of muscle relaxation, then you need to buy yourself a hammock or a swing chair today.
Hammocks and Hammock Swing Chairs are being used by a lot of therapists and patients. According to the site, the swinging motion and spinning motion of the hammock stimulates the cerebral cortex, therefore increasing a person’s ability to focus and concentrate. It is said that the swinging and spinning benefits impatient readers too, by helping them concentrate. The hammock would be perfect for anyone who suffers from lack of concentration or focus.
Yoga & Meditation
You can even practice yoga or meditation in a hammock. Yoga adjusts the muscles of the body so that the tensions are equal. The use of a hammock relieves pressure points and relaxes the muscle, giving you added comfort. The hammock or swing chair provides you with a comfortable seat as an alternative to sitting on the floor or a cushion. Therefore a relaxed body leads to a relaxed mind in harmony and peace.
These are three health benefits one can gain from owning a hammock. A hammock can be used for back pain, concentration and a place to meditate and practice Yoga. Owning a hammock means you can lay out in the sun and enjoy the day drinking lemonade. Or it can be a place to relax and wind down. Either way, it is definitely a product that can be used throughout the year."